New Found one of them!

Discussion in 'WH Bot Impersonator Reports Archive' started by Dannyrulx, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Dannyrulx New Member

Se, I got an invite from this guy(?) a while ago, I'm a trader, so nothing unusual. Nothing from him, and then todaaaay:

Never tell your password to anyone.
    10 February 2016
    Dannyrulx: Hello?
    Damp\u2122: Hey! We held a competition in the group TF2WH! Prizes - Link removed by Tink
    Damp\u2122: You have been selected one of 10 random winners!
    Damp\u2122: Choose any 5 item from the list on the screen!!!

Out of curiosity, I clicked the link aaaand...

It's a download trojan by the looks of it. My antivirus dealt with it anyway.

BRING DOWN SWEET JUSTICE UPON HIM
  2. PsychoTink Moderator

1) You haven't given any identifiers as to who the person is. A link to their steam profile.
    2) You haven't shown any definitive proof, that's always good to have. Specifically screenshots.
    3) If you thought the link was a trojan why did you share the link here? The second worse thing to a scammer or phisher is someone who shares the link knowing or unknowingly. I removed the link.
    4) You should go to the person's steam profile and report them directly to valve. Let them know what happened. Share the link with them as well so they can see.

Also, read the following post for more information on what you should be doing to protect yourself:
    https://forum.tf2wh.com/threads/about-all-the-phish-bots-recently.10369/
    Atinev likes this.