Denied Trading with bots suggestion - Megative - Way to fix bots and their trading

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Megative, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Megative New Member

I'm not 100% sure will this fix it or have you already tried it: If bots have done over 5000 trades, you can disable email confirmation on profile settings in Steam. When same update came to trade offers, backpack.tf bots had same problem and they fixed it by doing simple trades over and over again.
  2. PsychoTink Moderator

You should pay close attention to what else that does before you suggest it to people.
    "You will not be required to confirm trades and will not receive email about trades. Steam Support will also not provide you with any assistance in recovering items that may be stolen from your account, for any reason."

I don't know if the wh will want to implement this (besides how the wh runs is a proprietary thing) but for the everyday person that's a pretty bad thing to suggest.
  3. Megative New Member

I see. Well better safe than sorry.
    Hopefully you fix it soon.
  4. CaioXG002 Well-Known Member

I suppose the programmers can get around the change, so, yeah, leaving Steam Support on won't hurt.
  5. PsychoTink Moderator

What they choose to do is up to them I figure. They know what they're doing and what they want to do. And our programmers are good guys. I mostly was saying that this is a terrible thing to recommend to an every day person without letting them know all the facts or at least without being open to all the facts.

Also, on a personal level I'm getting sick of Valve's system of "we have a few users who are getting hurt in dumb ways, so lets dumb everything down to their level".
    Think about it:
    They removed the /me thing in chat because people were getting scammed by others using it. They removed it from everyone because of a select level of people who didn't know the difference in how to protect themselves.
    Now they are doing this where trades have to be e-mail confirmed. Because a select level of people are getting scammed, this is their way of "protecting" all of us, and of allowing themselves to wash their hands of scams.
    Basically they just want to be lazy and not have to deal with the fact that there are scammers, and dealing with people who scam, so they are dumbing it all down on all of us.
    CaioXG002 likes this.